|Model||Yuneec Typhoon H Pro||DJI Phantom 4 Pro|
|Max flight duration||25 mins||30 mins|
|Battery||4s 14.8v LiPo 5400mAh||4s 15.2v LiPo 5870mAh|
|Max. flight altitude||400ft (122m) AGL||400ft (122m) AGL|
|Max. rate of climb||16 ft/s (5 m/s)||6 m/s (Sport mode)|
|Max. speed: Angle mode||30 mph||45 mph (Sport mode)|
|Max. speed: Follow Me/ActiveTrack||43.5mph (19.4 m/s)||22mph (10 m/s)|
|Dimensions||20.5” x 18” x 11.6” (520mm x 457mm x 294mm)||8.7” x 15” x 12.8” (221mm x 381 mm x 325 mm)|
|Dimensions (folded)||13.8” x 10.6” x 10” (350mm x 269mm x 254mm)||NA|
|Airframe weight||1850g||1388 g|
|Effective pixels||12.4 Megapixels||20 M|
|Camera lens||14 mm/F2.8||24 mm/ F2.8|
|Field of View||115°||94°|
|Electronic shutter||1/30 – 1/8000||8s -1/8000s|
|Video transmission range||1 mile (1.6km)||FCC: 4.3 mi (7 km);
CE: 2.2 mi (3.5 km);
|Max Video resolution||4K UHD 30fps||C4K 4096×2160 24/25/30p @100Mbps|
|Retractable landing gear||yes||no|
|Number of propellers||6||4|
|Quick release propellers||yes||yes|
|Collision/obstacle avoidance||sonar, Intel Realsense 2.0||visual, support 5-Direction of Obstacle Sensing|
|Curve Cable Cam||yes||no|
|Dynamic Return to Home||yes||yes|
|FPV||yes||3 party device|
|Camera rotation||Pitch: -90° to 0°
|Pitch: -90° to +30°|
|GPS + Glonass||yes||yes|
1. Camera sensor is 1″ instead of 1/2″, 4 times the surface area!
2. Much better ISO, aperture control (not available on any other drone in the price category)
3. 2-3mil range, the Typhoon H Pro will absolutely never get a mile reliably
4. Lightbridge video communications on P4P, blows away Wifi technology, faster to get in the air, faster to reconnect, less pixelation, less latency.
5. Speed. 40+mph to get to the shoot fast.
6. 360 degree collision avoidance in tripod mode (very slow moving for buttery smooth captures)
7. Smart battery. You can determine which batteries are charged with a push of a button. Not available of the Typhoon H Pro
8. Litchi and Autopilot software, incredible autonomous flight software not available with Typhoon H Pro. These include follow me methods without the RC.
9. Resolution of 20MP for stills, 12MP for Typhoon H Pro
10. 4K video at 60fps, not possible with Typhoon H Pro
11. Easy to backpack and carry on planes, not so with Typhoon H Pro
12. Active track, follows objects by image recognition, not available with Typhoon H Pro
13. Simpler and quicker to arrive, launch and fly versus the Typhoon H Pro.
14. Option for super bright daylight readable displays (1000nit), not available with Typhoon H Pro.
1. 6 rotors for redundancy, will fly with 5 rotors
2. Retractable landing gear
3. 360 degree rotating camera
4. Built in tablet/screen. No worries about compatibility or charging a separate device.
5. Removable camera/gimbal, may be upgraded
6. Built in flight modes that do not require 3rd party apps which could void warranty
7. Second controller (Wizard) included and it is waterproof
8. HDMI out from controller
9. Batteries are less expensive and not restricted with internal chip
10. Dynamic altitude in follow modes
11. Better Curved Cable Cam
12. Charger includes 12v car adapter
14. Sun shield included
15. Neck strap included
16. Obstacle avoidance works in the direction the aircraft is moving, not restricted to camera direction
17. Smooth, hands free camera yaw
18. Cruise control for smooth, hands free panning
19. Looks more professional
20. Very quiet
21. Excellent performance in wind
Contrary to what others have said, the Typhoon H will fit in luggage that can be stored in overhead bins on aircraft but not in the hardshell case and big foam block that it is shipped with. When using the Wizard wand, you can view the video through any WiFi equipped phone or tablet and of course you can view it through the St16 controller. The camera is on par with the P4 but not the new P4 pro. The gimbal is excellent and does not exhibit the tilted horizon problem that has plagued many Phantoms.
The P4 Pro is a next generation drone that leapfrogs over the competition with lots of new features. The most notable are the new camera and high brightness display screen. Glad to see that DJI has finally provided a dedicated display. Improvements in obstacle avoidance and flight time are also welcome.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro better: Speed, Flight Time, Obstacle Sensing, TapFly, Camera and Control Distance.
Yuneec Typhoon H Pro better: Motors, Replace Gimbal, Quiet, 360° Camera Rotation and Dual Controller.
DJI takes visual SLAM 3D algorithm to achieve almost perfect obstacle sensing, better than Intel RealSense 2.0 which used in short distance situation at the beginning. But Yuneec Typhoon H Pro has two professional functions which only avail at DJI Inspire series, 360° Camera Rotation and Dual Controller.
As a word, DJI Phantom 4 Pro is strong in software, but Yuneec Typhoon H Pro better in hardware.
Which one is your favor?